Another year behind us, and the GNGF team is looking forward to 2013. In the spirit of making New Year’s resolutions, we’ve made a list of SEO resolutions that we follow and recommend you add to your must-do list for the new year. (We plan on keeping these SEO resolutions. Whether or not we keep our resolutions to drink fewer caffeinated beverages and eat fewer Busken cookies is up in air—we’ll keep you posted on that.)
- Check your website. Does it match your professional offline reputation?
- Look at your Google Analytics. Where is your traffic coming from, and where should it be coming from?
- Google yourself and browse the first couple of pages. Is anything inconsistent with your reputation popping up?
- Is your firm name, address, and phone number data consistent across online business listing websites (especially important if you moved offices in 2012)?
- Examine your review strategy. Is your strategy getting you the reviews you need?
- Check your website content, keywords, etc. Are you sending the right signals to Google?
- Look at your website and mobile site. Have you made it easy for people to contact you? (Better question: do you even have a mobile site?)
We’ll be posting a series on how to keep these New Year’s SEO resolutions on our blog, so check back!